By Stefani Forster It goes without saying that spring and summer are excellent times to put your house on the market; the weather is warm and potential home buyers are in the mood to window shop
WHAT AFFECTS YOUR PROPERTY VALUE?
Property owners in Edmonton and surrounding areas want to know what actually affects their value. Here's a few things:
Some the features that increase property values are obvious—like a remodeled bathroom, a modern kitchen, or a sought-after neighborhood. But here are a few features and circumstances you have not have realized can affect property values.
1. The neighbors: Not every neighborhood or community has an HOA that can keep the neighbors from going overboard with decorations or neglecting to care for their home. Homes adjacent to crazy neighbors can potentially be undervalued.
2. Trendy groceries and coffee: Recent statistics suggest that if your home is a short walk from popular grocery stores like Whole Foods or coffee chains like Starbucks, it can actually appreciate faster than the national average.
3. Mature trees: A big beautiful tree in the front yard is enviable, and it’s not something that can be easily added to any home. Homes with mature trees tend to get a little boost in value.
4. Parking: This isn’t too much of an issue if you live in the suburbs or in a rural area, but residents in dense cities can have real problems with parking, and homeowners might need to rent a spot just to guarantee a place to park each night. That’s why having guaranteed parking in urban areas will raise property values.
5. The front entrance: First impressions matter to buyers—many will cross a home off their list within 10 seconds of stepping through the front door. An appealing front door, a friendly entryway, and a cool, functioning doorbell are all necessities for getting top dollar.
Want to keep up on what's happening in Edmonton? Follow us here
Want to keep up on what's happening in Sherwood Park? Follow us here
Looking to search for homes? Click here
Want to find out what your home is worth? Click here
Want to know more about Anita and Josh? Click here
Our clients expect unparalleled personalized service from us … and we deliver! Our clients come first and our process focuses on you – so that your real estate experience is an exceptional one. It....